Apart from hearing the Bible taught, reading about the Bible is incredibly important and helpful in our spiritual growth. Books often provide insight into God’s Word that we don’t necessarily get by reading it by ourselves. Christians books are companions in our journey in understanding and applying God’s Word. Here at St. Peters we desire to provide our members good suggested books that are worth reading. Each suggested book will include a review and links where it can be purchased.
If you are not an avid reader, but you would like to become one, maybe try the 2016 Reading Challenge. Click on the following link to see what it is all about: 2016 Reading Challenge.
For our latest “Book of the Term”, please click on the following link:
- “Crazy Busy” by Kevin De Young (April 2015)
- “When Grace Comes Home” by Terry Johnson (August 2015)
- “Risk is Right” by John Piper (October 2015)
- “Prayer and the Voice of God” by Phillip Jensen and Tony Payne (January 2016)
- “Concise Theology” by J.I. Packer (April 2016)
- “How to Walk into Church” by Tony Payne (August 2016)
- “Hole in our Holiness” by Kevin DeYoung (October 2016)